recipes for feeding the toddling masses...creating and posting happy and pleasurable eats for the mamas and the papas, the babies and everyone in between.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

menus and meals for order...


menus and meals for order in my life. since becoming a mom there seems to be so little i can control these days especially with a very outspoken 3 yr old. for an admitted semi-control freak like myself its a little bit of torture each day however i still wouldn't change a thing.

over here at littlefoodie household we have a very large grocery bill. most of the food we eat is from home and homemade..meaning i make like 3 meals a day almost everyday. i've never been into the meal planning thing until i realized that perhaps i could spend less time and energy each day planning a half hearted meal and instead be prepared and littlefoodie and i can enjoy what were cooking.

since summer i have been cooking maybe 4-5 days out of the week. we have a little dinner rotation going with a couple friends so i do dinner one day and then i have dinner coming for 2 days. also, bigfoodie daddy works a lot of horrible and family stealing overtime and sometimes its not ideal to cook for myself and my screaming sweet banshee.

so in a effort for organization here are 9 meals that we will be enjoying for the next 2 weeks. 4 of those nights we'll have wamr yummy meals delivered to us by friends and another few nights its usally something very simple like quick pasta or cereal if we've been busy all day. of course, the recipes will be posted as they are made!

enoy!

the menu (in no particular order):
SOUTHWEST FALAFEL WITH TABBOULEH AND AVOCADO SAUCE

PUMPKIN/TURKEY VEGGIE LASAGNA

KOREAN BEEF STEW WITH CARROTS, RICE AND SAUTEED SESAME SPINACH (BEEF STEW ALA CITYMAMA AT FAMILY FOOD)

NACHOS PICADILLO

HOMEMADE FETTUCINI ALFREDO WITH CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI

BAKED GIGANTES IN TOMATO SAUCE WITH SALAD

BAKED CRUSTY PORK LOIN WITH MUSHROOMS, ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND MASHED SWEET POTATOES

BBQ CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GRILLED CORN AND CRISPY BAKED ZUCCHINI "FRIES"

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Aimée said...

This is a great idea to plan ahead. Let us know how it works out. I'll be have a second baby soon, so I'll be needing some tips!

8:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound so much like me... I have been reading for a while now... I love the recipes and have tried dozens. I too watch what we put in our bodies and make much of everything from scratch... though hubby could care less... My ittle bear likes it all. I also make cakes for parties... Thanks for taking the itme to blog your recipes and share them. I just dont sem to have the time. I guess i should be busy reding about time managment rather than food! :) Thanks for the great ideas and eats. I have never met you but i feel like you are my friend! BTW... how did you get the food exchange going? I wuld love to do something like that in my neighborhood!

10:44 AM

 
Blogger foodiemama said...

aimee, i think this planning thing is going to work well. i bought what i need for those dinners and then extra veggies at the farmers market that littlefoodie would rather have and aside from the staples actually spent less. its nice to know ahead what i am making and not have to search and think about it all day. def wonderful for busy mamas. good luck to you!!!

lisa, so glad you enjoy reading my blog! what recipes have you tried? feel free to leave a comment when you've tried stuff and let me know if you have suggestions/variations on things...it always helps! and time management, ha..i am the worst at anything resembling organization and management..ask big foodie daddy.
as for the food exchange, i am working on a project with a friend of him. her husband, our friend is battling cancer so we are drumming up some cancer friendly meals that are tasty and simple and full of flavor. trading days trying new things out is how the food exchange got started and its so nice. it def helps!

2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a few of the recipes i have tried... I have tried the oatmeal cookies (I used carob coovered rasins...) the veggie stuffed eggplant was a big hit... I added more garlic and a hint of lemon... the bleuberry nut pancakes are one of my littel ones favorites. my daughter een likes them. She is 17 and getting onthe bandwagon about healthy eating and giving up meat... (Yippee!) the chicken veggie tacos were great but hubby needed more flavor. He is NOT big on healthy eating and is one who would prefer it come out of a bag or box...the bakes oatment is a big hit with my son and I. I add cut up apples and pure maple syrup... living in New england there is much to do with pure maple syrup! yum!
Thanks for the reply. I will try to reply as i try recipes. Good luck with the meal planning I am anxious to see how it goes. I have tried it before but something will come up or I want something different. I bet subconciously I am not wanting to give up the chaos of planning a meal at the last minute.:)

We are new inour neighborhood but i think we could make up a meal exchange here.. It sounds like such a great idea!

Thanks again for the reply!
Lisa

11:00 AM

 
Blogger karrie said...

Yummy!

"littlefoodie" is such a little cutie. :)

4:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home